Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Fawn Lake Fury

Regarding the post of a few days ago... The Day of Jerks, and Jerk #2.

I agree and understand Fawn Lake is a private lake. I have not inferred otherwise. All I stated is that the roads in Fawn Lake are public. Thus, accessible to the public for driving, walking, or riding bikes.

I will make it a point to not walk down to the lake at your access site, although we had been given permission by other landowners in the association. I have never left any of my dog's dropping there, along the road or on any of the properties. If he would happen to go in any of those spots I carry gloves and a bag to pick it up. We want our guests to pick up after their dogs on our property and would show the same consideration.

There are property owners from your association that walk dogs daily back there (we have encountered them) that I know do not pick up after their dogs. I don't appreciate taking the blame for every person that has the audacity to walk on your roads.

We do not advise our guests to walk back there. We know that a few have, but its really been very few. Many times homeowners from Fawn Lake have family stay here, and they themselves (without any initiation from us) take the path to walk to their familys home. Just this past holiday week we had several rooms that walked over daily to visit their family. So this is something you need to take up at your Association if you have a problem with it.

People have walked the public roads on Fawn Lake, and Hart Lake for years. I have encountered many people who have told me they walk from Fawn Lake over to Hart lake, and from Hart Lake (cuttng through the woods) to Fawn Lake for daily walks for many years.

The only person who has a right to post a No Trespassing Sign is the landowner themselves.

Yes, we are a business on Old 27. I don't know what the comments were inferring about paying taxes. We pay taxes just like anyone else that provide the public roads. Its one of our major expenses. We are involved in our community, and have never wanted to be anything but a good neighbor. We have never intended to be anything but a good neighbor and a positive influence in our community.




Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess your neighbors up there are not quite so friendly. They would really hate to live in my neighborhood. On my piece of property I have a large clearing with no trees, buildings or anything to get in the way. My neighbors on the other hand do not have large open areas on their property. All of the neighbor kids converge onto my property and play football, baseball and etc. I have kids but they are only 18 months and 2 months old. So my kids are not tearing up my property. Heck my neighbors are so grateful for the fact that I allow their kids to play there, that they spray my yard for weeds, fertilize, and even when it gets really dry they sometimes water it. The one neighbor has a dog that is friendly as can be. However he sometimes likes to do his doggy business right underneath my wife clothesline. The neighbor tries his best to keep cleaned up after his dog, but sometimes he misses it. So all I have to do is kindly ask him to remove his dogs mess and thats the end of it. I don't tell my neighbors to get the *&^% out of my yard because I pay taxes just like they do, or post no trespassing signs there either. I think some people might be grumpy because we just need some good old fashioned snow dumping. Either way it won't matter to me because I will be up at Rays if it does snow sometime soon.

Frustrated in Ohio, Praying for Cold and SNOW!!
PEACE!!!!!

 
At Wednesday, January 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand people's hatefulness. A public road is accessible to anyone.

Maybe they should dish out higher taxes to be in a gated community if they're such elitists.

 
At Wednesday, January 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe we should remember that " We do not "own" this Earth but are all just "borrowing" from it"

And what is another word for borrowing?

I beleive that would be "sharing"?

 
At Wednesday, January 03, 2007, Blogger ann/raysretreat said...

Appreciate everyones comments. I am just always surprised when people are difficult to get along with..
but it takes all kinds.
Hey Frustrated! ... I saw snow in the forecast at the end of this weekend, early next week! Lets hope it wasn't a mirage.

 
At Wednesday, January 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope its not a mirage, if the snow is fit I intend to be there next weekend

 

Post a Comment

<< Home