Sunday, December 31, 2006

Day of Jerks!

Day of Jerks! and its only half over! .....
well, maybe if we get all the jerks in on the last day of the year, we'll be done with them!
The world is full of jerks. Luckily, we don't have to come in contact with them very often. Its a sure fire way to get your Blood Pressure up when you do. Mine's teetering on high right now.
Gift certificates are popular choices during the holiday season. In fact this season I saw on the news that they were even more popular than in the past. The stores love them! Because it gets customers into THEIR store, to purchase THEIR merchandise and most people spend more than the amount in THEIR store. Everyone is happy with the gift.
We had a wife call the first of December to purchase a gift certificate for her husband, worth three nights stay. She also reserved a room for three nights this week. Christmas night we get a call from the wife... cancelling the reservation. Fine. But, she did not want to reschedule. She wanted a full refund! WHAT? I don't know of any store that will allow you to walk in and ask for cash for your gift certiicate. We understand when there isn't snow you can't snowmobile, but come on! There is at least two months, if not three months left of winter to reschedule. Don't tell me you won't ever come up to ride your sled the entire winter. Besides... that's not the point. Its a GIFT CERTICATE redeemable for a stay at Rays Retreat. Not to cash in when you get hard up for money.
We shouldn't even have had any more discussion with her at that point. But, because we aren't that difficult to get along with we ended up saying fine, we'll send you a check. Which I did minus $15.00/service charge. Which is not unreasonable. Running a credit card is costly, which we did the first time, then the check, paper and ink to print the letter once again stating the policy and stamp to mail it all.
This morning we hear from him. He thinks its unjust, threatens us with 24 hours to do something about it or he will let everyone know what he thinks! I explain once again... it was not a simple cancellation of a reservation, it was a gift certificate. There will be no further discussion and there will be no $15.00 sent to him either.
That was jerk #1.
-------
Sparky and I just came in from a walk and ran into Jerk #2. This is the guy who thinks he owns all of Northern Michigan, when he simply owns the lot his seasonal home sits on the road behind us. He doesn't like anyone walking on the circle drive. Let me point out this is a public road.
I won't say anymore, although I could go on with his jerky exploits.
---
I think its time to have Pepsi, do some deep breathing and pray that next year will be The Year Without Jerks.

6 Comments:

At Sunday, December 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I sit all broken hearted, with no snow to ride on
the snow has yet to even be started
guess i'll just go have a cold one.

I too like the guys you show in one of your earlier posts have been driving my remote control snowmobile around. I am thinking of modifying my sled so I can ride on grass. Probably not, so for now I will just stick to my remote controlled sled and my playstation snowmobile games. DREAMING OF SNOW and happy thoughts of snow covered trails.

Think SNOW and Happy New Year to all.

Frustrated in Ohio!!!

 
At Sunday, December 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well my wife and I received a gift cert. from Rays and can't wait to us it. Keep watching for snow to fall. Still have time left just getting tired a waiting for the snow to arrive.

I don't think you wrong for a $15 service fee. THAT CHEAP. Let them run their mouth. Their are plenty or folks that will side with the Rays and let the truth be Know. JERKS will just be JERKS just ignore them and they will go away.

The Millers in Ohio
Blane & Katie

 
At Tuesday, January 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding Jerk #2 story.

I am a female homeowner on Circle Drive. Although I did not have a run in with you and wouldn't recognize you if I saw you, I think you were a little harsh.
As homeowners we pay the taxes for the privelege of living in that neighborhood and enjoying the PRIVATE LAKE. You on the other hand do not live in the neighborhood or have lake access as you are well aware. However, you and your guests continually trespass through the vacant lot behind your establishment (which is posted NO TRESPASSING, I might add) to go for walks to our lake while walking your dogs! You and your guests also allow your dogs to do their business on all of our lawns too. If you want to enjoy a public lake and a public road why don't you send your guests around Heart Lake Drive and to Heart Lake which has public access? Fawn Lake Estates has a private lake and your establishment does not have lake access!!!! You are trespassing everytime you cut through that lot and use our lake!
Whose the jerk now?

 
At Tuesday, January 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding Jerk #2 story.

I am a female resident of Circle Drive. You are a business owner of Ray's Retreat located on US27.
You do NOT have access to Fawn Lake nor do your guests. The lake is private and closed to the public as you are well aware. However you and your guests
(at the direction of you) continually trespass through a path on the lot behind you to access our neighborhood and private lake. Did you notice the NO TRESPASSING signs posted?
Also you and your guests walk your dogs around our neighborhood and to our Private Lake at which time your dogs defecate on our lawns and the beach! And you are calling us Jerks???? If you want to walk your dog and go to a lake
use HEART LAKE it is public!!
If you want access to Fawn Lake buy a house in the neighborhood and pay your taxes like we do.
You might try being a better neighbor by having some respect for us homeowners who do abide by the law even though you don't.

 
At Wednesday, January 03, 2007, Blogger ann/raysretreat said...

I would just like to state that I am the female walking the Golden Retriever around Circle Drive. Circle Drive is a public road.

We do not tell our guests to walk back there, and very few (that we are aware of) have.... HOWEVER, many of the homeowners back there have family come in and stay with us. They do walk through the path and walk over to their parents/family members homes. We had several rooms this past holiday week that stayed that walked over to their familys home several times a day. We never told them too... their families were the ones that mentioned it to them.

I understand your frustration with dogs leaving their messes on your yard. BUT I know my dog has NEVER! If he would go on the road or a yard I carry gloves and bags to pick it up. I am not the only person that walks their dogs back there. I encounter several homeowners back there walking their dogs, and I do know that they have not picked up after their dogs. I have commented on that also.

We expect any of our guests to pick up after their dogs on our grounds and show the same respect for your property.

We have never wanted to be bad neighbors. We appreciate our neighbors and their business they bring us.

The people from Hart Lake come through onto Circle Drive also and walk. I have encountered many of them on our walks.

It is the property owner of that woods that only has to right to post No Trespassing Sign.

 
At Wednesday, January 03, 2007, Blogger ann/raysretreat said...

I would also like to state that I have never said or presumed we had a right to Fawn Lake. We have just stated we do have a right to walk or ride bikes on the road.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home