Monday, December 25, 2006

Untraditional Christmas


Ours has been an untraditional Christmas (or any holiday) since we moved north and became innkeepers. We actually feel like Christmas has been over for some time since we met with our three children and their families the first of the month to enjoy a family Christmas.

This Christmas morning I was up much too early since I had to clock into 'the home' at 6 a.m. Much earlier than I normally start my day when I work. I had volunteered to work so another younger worker with family could be home. I surprised staff and residents by working the floor. The hours flew by quickly as we helped reidents get up, and dressed for the holiday. We dressed them all in Christmas colors making the dining room a beautiful sight.

Mike prepared our Christmas dinner when I got home. The three of us, Sparky, Mike and I had opened our presents Sat. morning. Sparky opened all our presents for us, just like any excited toddler. He had such fun tearing the wrappings all off. Santa was good to each one of us.

Saturday, the 23rd we headed over to our oldest son's Bryan on Lake Leelanau and spent the night with them. Christmas Eve was a beautiful spring like day with sunshine and mild temps. We ate breakfast out in Leland and enjoyed a walk down to Fish Town. Leland is a picturesque little town along Lake Michigan.

Fish Town is an authetic connection to the Great Lakes maritime heritage. It is worth a visit during the summer months when business are open and thriving.
www.preservingfishtown.org
The picture at the top of this post is taken at Fish Town.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home