Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Good Day for Walking


Hey, its been a good day for me. The three of us spent the day together.
It was a great day for a walk, record high of 51 degrees. (oh, I forgot we don't like these balmy days in Jan) We went into town where we enjoyed a great walk at Aspen Park (a public park) on their paved winding trails. There are also trails through the woods. It was a bit breezy but it didn't bother me one bit. Saw a few squirrels and a few other people.
Then we stopped in to see Hazel, and on to the store for a quick shopping trip where I kept an eye on the car and parking lot. Couldn't believe all the people coming and going there. I saw several other good looking dogs waiting in their cars. I don't know why they won't let us dogs into the stores. I'm sure we'd all be well mannered. I was a little annoyed when they came out of the store without one doggie treat or toy.
We just came back from a quick walk behind us (on a public) road. The full moon was coming up through layers of clouds, it was very pretty and again Ann wished she had her camera. I always have to walk on a leash and never step a foot in any yards. Never have been able to get into yards. Although I would like too... I just like to meet people! I know there are dogs that get to walk without leashes because I have played with them when we're out walking. I'm sure its fun. But I have alot of fun walking anyway. Its just fun getting out and enjoying the fresh air.
Here's a little story that was shared with Ann. Thought you might enjoy it.
I have a Golden Retriever and was in the check out line at Wal Mart buying a large bag of Purina. A woman behind me asked if I had a dog? (DUH)
Oh impulse, I told her no.. I didn't have a dog, but that I was starting the Purina Diet again. Although I probably shouldn't because I'd ended up in the hospital last time... but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out most of my orifices and IVS in both arms.
I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way it works is to load your pants pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry and that the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again.
Horrified she asked if I ended up in the intensive care because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no,......I had stepped of a curb to sniff an Irish Setter's butt and a car hit me.
That's it for me............See ya later, Sparky T. Ray

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home