Friday, February 02, 2007

Cold Friday Evening

I'm thankful I can ride the trails during the week. I would be a nervous wreck out there today or Saturday. I'm a nervous wreck when I have to drive the freeway when its busy... at least with a car there's a little more protection than when you're on a sled with just a helmet. I don't like the idea of my old creaky bones getting smashed or even cracked a little.
Riders have been returning this evening with reports of too many 'near misses' out on the trails. Corners are icy with all the riders. Mostly stories of riders taking the corners quickly and swinging over and narrowly missing rider coming from the other direction. You can have it! ...
Earlier in the day a snowmobiler was injured over in the Jordan Valley - compound fracture. That's a big OUCH.
I'll be content to stay inside the next several frigid days and hear the stories of psycho snowmobilers. Come mid-week I'll enjoy getting out into the peaceful woods and riding without all that hustle and bustle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home