Friday, March 02, 2007

Busy Weekend

It's going to be a busy weekend up here in Northern Michigan. I'm not sure what is bringing all the people up, besides fresh snow and great trails.
There is the drag races out on Otsego Lake tomorrow. We're going to try to slip away for a short time tomorrow just to take a look. Maybe get a few pictures. I think the last time Mike had talked to Joe/Parkside there was 18 inches of ice. I always like to know there is ALOT of ice before I'll go out... just something about falling through with 25 pounds of extra heavy winter clothing, and ice trapping me sends shivers and horror through my mind. I'm sure I was trapped in the Titantic in another life.
We've also been told The Hiberians (not sure if that is spelled right... since I had never heard of them before this year! ... ) are having a big dance affair this weekend.
The sun actually came out for a few hours this morning. Yesterdays winter storm was a real mess through the late afternoon into early this morning. Wind was huffing and puffing up to 40 mph. Several powerlines went down.
We were actually prepared - flashlights set out and in working order. Extra water set out and bottled.
Farmers Almanac called for last weeks storm and this week's. They also say we'll have snow in April. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home