Monday, February 12, 2007

Todays Ride.. Feb 12/Monday




It was a fantastic day on the trails. We rode 78 miles. Headed out south on trail 7. Trail 7 was a smooth ride all the way to Frederick. We didn't see even one sled for this stretch. Our intention was to enjoy the entire Blue Bear Trail. However, after getting on trail 679 and bumping along for about 15 minutes we took a break and had a discussion. It was unanimous to turn around and return to the Gaylord trails. 679 was a continuous bumpy rough roust-about. No fun at all.
It wasn't long and we were on a county road to take us back over to trail 7 where we headed north. Trail 7 the entire ride into Gaylord was great. We decided to take 4 north over to the north and south loops. Good decision.
I can't say enough for the Excellent trails we rode today. It was the most fun I've had EVER riding snowmobile, and the most fun I've had in a long time.
The new shock on my sled made such an overall difference in the ride, handling of my sled. I felt in complete control. I left Mike in my snow dust (which got me a warning about being careful and not driving too fast). I came up over a little hill and as I came down got the little tickle in my belly (which reminded me of ticklebelly hill in Shipshewana) and had me laughing out loud.
Saw a deer as he crossed in front of me. Luckily he crossed far enough ahead that I was able to slow down gradually and enjoy his graceful descent over a hill and into the woods.
Very few riders, excellent trails, and great sled to ride. It couldn't have gotten any better. A stand-out day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home