Friday, February 09, 2007

Grocery Carts with sled runners

I had the weekly run to WalMart this afternoon where I left a good chunk of my money. And walked out the door with an overflowing cart. As well as the insides filled with bags stacked on top of bags, the bottom shelf had cartons of pop on them.
I had felt extra lucky when I had pulled in and managed to find a parking spot halfway down from the main doors of the store. But now... with a full cart trying to pull it through several inches of snow!!! Pushing wasn't getting me anywhere, so I resorted to pulling... got about an inch then two. Huffing, puffing.. I went back and forth pushing, pulling. I noticed a WalMart worker with his fancy machine taking carts inside, as he walked by I asked if he might be able to help me. "No, I have to get in". ... that's when I began a slow burn. .. I might have ignited but the sweat from tugging on the cart saved me.
I'm planning on giving the manager a call just to let him know next week I'll shop at the other grocery in town where I can easily get help getting the cart through the snow.
If stores aren't going to clear their parking lots clean enough so you can get the carts through, they need to put sled runners on the carts.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home