Saturday, February 10, 2007

Wed... a Holiday!


This is the first day we've seen the sun this week. Every other day its been snowy, blowing and bitter cold. Today, the sun has been out all day. Deceiving.... Sparky and I went out for our walk and I didn't pile all of my cold snow gear on, just my winter coat, gloves and a stocking hat. It wasn't long and my legs were cold, my toes (just had my regular boots on, not the cozy warm snowmobile boots) , my face and neck were frozen. Much to Sparky's dismay the walk was cut short and returned to the warmth of the motel. I looked at the thermometer .. 14 degrees. Well, compared to last Sat when it was below zero and the wind was 50 mph... that is an improvement.
We did not get out to take a ride this entire week. Well, midweek we each took about a half hour/hour ride separately just so we could take away some of our intense desire to get out and enjoy trail riding. It did help, but we are both dismayed that we weren't able to get in a real ride. That's what happens when we get good trail conditions and others come up to enjoy the trails.
I've declared my birthday, Wed. a holiday for Rays Retreat. We are going to hit the trails. and I'll be wearing my early birthday present. A new helmet, .. and my sled with have its new shock on it. Its exactly what I asked for! (hey, thanks to the Bob and Bob team for giving him a little extra push there!... or I'd still be waiting for the end of the year sales).
Wait! Do I have to work?!... hmmmmmmmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home