Thursday, December 07, 2006

Snow and more snow. But who wants to complain? well, there are always those that whine a little when they're plowing or shoveling. Mike had to plow two times today. The snow is deep. Sparky has been amazed now that its up to almost his neck. Its still light and fluffy so he can zip through it and send it flying, or burrow his nose down and go plowing away.

I don't know how I managed to work for Hospice the past two winters and drive 100 miles plus in a day without being a nervous wreck. Since my earlier incident this winter, losing control on slippery roads, I have a hard time staying cool and collected driving on the icey, snow covered roads. Which is everyday! Morning and night. Even when we haven't had major snowfall there's been enough new snow to glaze the roads. Tonight it was solid snow covered roads, with snow coming down so everything is a white. Which is not so beautiful if you're not on a snowmobile trail. It becomes a little more important needing to know that you're staying on the road. Maybe the solution is that I just need to forget working outside of Rays Retreat during the winter months. Then I'd have more time to get out on the trails and keep trail reports updated! Sounds like a solution to me (if only writing reports paid an income). hmmm, I'll have to work on that.

It was a long day for me... working, Dr. appointment, and finishing up Christmas shopping and then weekly shopping. Exhausting. Its not just the gifts you have to remember to buy, its the paper, boxes, bags, tape, tags.....
time for me to climb into bed and dream of wrapping all my shopping results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home