Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Itching to Ride

Fresh snow arrived again today! The weather forecast puts a smile on our face too - cold and snow! For the next ten days! Winter is definitely here. Hopefully the snow will be widespread so the surrounding areas will get some needed snow on their trails. Its been great riding (according to our guests) every day this week. But you can't get south to Grayling or you'll get down to just a few inches of snow, can't get past Lewistown or you will run out of snow, or too north of Indian River.. little snow. Gaylord trails, Starvation Lake, Lakes of the North, Blue Bear are good riding.
I am very excited! Once we finish folding the last of the laundry that is piled high, once we finish breakfast we are bundlng up and firing up our sleds. Its been a week and a day since we've been able to go riding.
Mike did admit that he fired up his sled today to go over to get the mail, and zip up the trail quickly.
Sunday I was so tempted to go for a quick ride, but we were busy and exhausted from cleaning rooms. Monday evening as I drove home from work... I was thinking maybe if arriving guests have all arrived we can take a ride up along the trail through the airport. The trail looked so nice. When I walked in, Mike said we were waiting for just one more reservation to arrive. It wasn't long before they walked in the door and I felt a tremor or excitement thinking we could soon head out. While Mike was checking them in... Sparky went into the back room .. where Mike had red paint sitting out... and Sparky returned with red paint all along the right side of his face. I went into the laundry room to get a rag, and WHAM! The hanging light came smashing down onto my head, dropping me to my knees. It made a racket. The light breaking, me hollering .. Sparky yelping. Mike never noticed a thing.
I calmly put my hand to the back of my head, felt the warm moist flow of blood, the swelling, and oh yes, the pain!
There was no ride last night.

Wouldn't it be great if I could make a living by just reporting trail conditions? Then I could ride everyday! and forget all these other committments that keep me off the trail.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home