Sunday, January 21, 2007

Too Tired To Know Directions

Total exhaustion. . . is what three nights of a full house will do to an old body. My mind apparently is also exhausted. We had a call over an hour ago from a 'room' that has a reservation for tonight. Asking what exit they needed to get off I75 to arrive here. I say, 270/Waters. He replies: oh, we just passed that. I say fine, just get off at the next exit which will be the first Gaylord exit, turn right... going south past Otsego Lake State Park and we'll be on the right hand side. hmmmmmmmmmm. Did you catch that? or maybe you're as tired as I am? They're headed north, so when they get off that Gaylord exit, (by Jays) they really should go left. But I did have it right when I said they needed to go south. The minute I hung up, Mike corrected me. I was hoping they wouldn't have caught the turn right, and only heard the take 27 south. But, its been over an hour ... so who knows where they are? Vanderbilt? But wouldn't you stop and ask directions, or call again? Wouldn't you? ...

We fed 50 some people this morning, cleaned 9 rooms, stripped all 16 rooms and carried out all the trash, have been putting laundry in/out washers and dryers all through the day, folded one whole shelf of sheets and towels. Answered phone calls, took Sparky for three walks and made the weekly phone calls to family.

Mid afternoon, around 2 we stopped for a lunch break. After which we both zonked out. One of us noisily resting. An hours rest was enough to rejuvenate us to get going again. I had promised Sparky a walk so he and I headed out. We ended up over on the trail to check it out. The groomer came by as we were walking. Sparky was quite impressed with the big machine. I was impressed with how smooth the trail was... enough so I went back over and tried to convince Mike we had the energy to do three more rooms and go out for a quick ride. It was so tempting, along with the light falling snow.

Several of our guests had spent the day out riding. They had checked out of their rooms earlier but weren't ready to give up their weekend riding pleasure. All of them let us know that todays ride was the best of the past several days. Very few riders, with more smooth trails than rough. The Gaylord area still seems to be the area with more snow than south, east or north. Hopefully we can get out at least for a short ride tomorrow. . .
Still 7 rooms to clean. I also have to go into work tomorrow as well as get some bookkeeping done. ... time/energy are things I fall short of!

Well I hope those people realize the mistake and remember it was first their mistake by missing the exit 270!
We are only human as Sparky likes to remind us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home