Friday, January 12, 2007

Its hard not to be rather discouraged right now. I am most generally able to keep a 'good attitude and spirit' even in the midst of swirling troubles. Mother Nature is testing me today. I hate to even put this phrase in print, but its been whirling around in my brain all day... The Winter That Wasn't..... isn't that a horrible thought? But good grief, it is Jan 12! and we have had minimal riding weather. And NEVER when we can make any income from it. This is the January of going to the poor house. ... maybe a Slight Exaggeration.

It was still warm this morning. Mike and I were both up earlier... we went to bed discouraged and concerned for our guests who had many miles to come north. We made the trail updates and tried to call a few guests we thought may not read the reports to give them the option to cancel out.. which they did.

I headed out the door to work. Thank God! ... at least once I walk through the door of 'the home' ... I am beseiged with questions, concerns and needs from staff, residents and family. I have no empty space in my head for negative thoughts or any other thoughts than the problems I am dealing with at that time. It keeps me sane (so.... that may explain Mike, who pretty much is here all day!... )constantly talking with people for updates, watching every weather forecast on the tv, and radio) and of course constantly looking out the window to see IF the temp has dropped and IF snow i falling.

I only give a fleeting thought as I am standing by a residents bedroom window trying to convince her to get out of bed (at noon)... and call her to come to look out the window for me and confirm... Is that rain?! ... and I groan as she answers... :"What the h..... do you think that is, its wet isn't it?" She is such a mood uplifter.

I had planned to leave earlier today since we were to be busy with checking guests, but call Mike and find out many (of course and understandably) are cancelled. No need to go home early... may as well stay and make a few extra bucks since Rays Retreat is bringing in any extra bucks.

Remember the good old days...........................when winter was winter, with snow and cold? Oh I long for those days.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home