Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Misunderstanding


Well, I've had a word with Ann and Mike. They just don't understand me and the social animal that I am. Here's what happened: Mike and I were outdoors. He was busy taking trash out and I was frolicking in the snow with a pop can. You can't imagine how much fun that is - tossing it high into the sky and then digging it out of the snow. Mike was ready to go back inside, and I just wasn't. It shouldn't have been a problem, but someone had a problem with my decision to not come inside with him.

He called me to come in with him, and I wasn't ready to go inside. I really don't think we had been outside that long. The snow is just so much fun. I couldn't believe he was really ready to go inside... so I stood there looking at him for a few minutes to make sure I understood what he wanted. Sure enough, he wanted us to go inside. I ran out to the woods. By this time, he was really hollering loudly, it was embarassing. I stopped again, looked at him and said: "You go on in, I just want to check the neighborhood out, might stop in and see my friends. I'll be home later. See ya".... and continued on through the woods and out onto Circle Drive and around to North Shore.

Before I made it to my friends Sassy and Dancers, I decided to meet someone new. You can never have too many friends. I went up to a house where I knew a dog lived... and guess what? They invited me in! I had a great time with them. I got up and played on their bed and just got to know them - a very nice couple with a very nice dog.

In the meantime - I guess Mike was frantically looking for me. I don't know what he was so worried about, and I know it was just worry that had him so upset. He even got in the truck (after he couldn't see me anywhere) and drove around the housing development two (2) times. After the second time, he returned thinking I might have returned. That's when the nice lady I was visiting called over (I didn't know it but Ann has my name and phone number on my tag) and let them know I was at their house playing.

I soothed things over with Mike by surprising him early with his Valentine chocolate. We're best buds again, and hopefully he will have learned a lesson! ... I just need to get out and visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home