Tuesday, February 13, 2007

You Just Don't Get It!


Why do I write this blog?

When we first moved to northern Michigan nearly five years ago and started a whole new life our family and friends back home were interested in hearing what we were doing, what we were learning about innkeeping, and just wanted to stay in touch. I would email different ones at different intervals sharing little stories of our life. Our moms, brother, sister-in-law, friends.. all commented you need to keep writing these down. When they didn't hear from me in a week or so I would get a call or email, hey! what's up... we want to hear what's happening up there at Rays Retreat.

We got our website where we could post pictures to share. We started writing trail reports. During the summer months our guests wanted to know what we was happening up here in northern Michigan... and after requests, we continued writing infrequent newsletter accounts of happenings around northern Michigan and Rays Retreat.

Blogging was introduced to me, and it seemed a natural transition. Friends and family could get daily updates and conversation with Sparky and I. Friends include our guests. Its hard to come and stay with us without leaving a friend. The small intimacy of our little motel makes for a friend after one nights stay.

I blog because I like to write. I blog to share my thoughts. I blog to share our pictures. I blog to stay in touch with family and friends. If you are not family, and if you are not a friend... why do you read this blog?

This is my 'blog home'... I would not presume to enter your home and comment on your opinions or your spouting off. It is your home, that is your right. It is my right to spout off on my blog without rude comments from people who need to get their own blog home where they can spout off at their leisure.

Enough said.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know, I love reading your blogs. We have a place in Lakes of the North and I read your blog and your trail reports to keep us up to date with what's going on. We also have a golden retriever (Boomer),tell Sparky he loves the snow too. Keep up the great work. Thanks!

 
At Wednesday, February 14, 2007, Blogger ann/raysretreat said...

Sparky sends a friendly ruff back to Boomer.
Thanks for the kind words. Stop in with Boomer and say hi if you're in the area.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home