Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Is it possible... 36 hour day? Sure feels like it.

The day started out good and cold. We had -16 at 6 a.m.
I swear today has already had 36 hours in it! ... We started out, as usual with the breakfast thing. Then room cleaning, laundry, changing towels. We finished with all that, along with checking in several rooms, about 12:30. And that's when the fun began.
We bundled up and hit the trails. Beautiful! ... Beautiful. It was a great ride. We headed south and explored some of the trail south of Grayling we had never been on before... there was just a small section that was rough - I believe an area that the DNR is responsible. It was easily forgotten once we got back onto the Grayling groomed trail. Both Gaylord and Grayling trails we were on today were smooth!.. White! .. We saw a few deer that ran across the trail in front of us, and I had my camera with me... but I was not up to speed today, and it never came out of my pocket. I've been feeling a little off lately... as evidenced by Mike leading all day today. I was quite content with following.
I do wish we didn't have responsibilities cluttering up our next two days. I would love to get back out and enjoy these great trails. We have only two empty rooms tonight (Tuesday!) and everyone we have talked to say they have enjoyed great rides in all directions.
We got back to Rays Retreat at 5 to a very spirited Sparky. Poor fella has not had alot of exercise lately. With the cold our walks have been short, with the work around Rays Retreat the walks have been short, with guests needing attention time spend with Sparky has been short. Its a good thing he's such a good natured fella. And always forgiving.
I had time to fill bird feeders and put my feet up for 35 minutes before heading out for a 2 1/2 hour meeting. sigh..............At least that is one meeting down.
The cold and snow are staying with us consistently through Thursday. We have over two foot of snow - before tonight's accumulation - so there will be snow for another weekend.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home