Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Uneventful Day




It was an uneventful day. Not the day I had planned - but life has a way of changing plans and you/ve got to be flexible.

It was a bitter cold start to the day. After serving breakfast, we had a few rooms to clean, and then laundry. We had a few rooms expected to come in thru the afternoon. We did get into Gaylord and enjoyed a nice lunch at Sugar Bowl. Love their raspberry pie.

About 3:30 we were able to suit up and go out for a quick ride. We were out for about an hour just on trail 7 and 4 right close by, and several of the two tracks. Took time to play on the hills for a short bit.

Trail conditions on the short distance we traveled was not as good as it had been Monday. It was a rougher rider. We saw just a few sleds. I saw the green groomer sitting where it parks overnight when I came home from town about 2 p.m. Its usually still grooming...

I'm going to bed happy though, just had phone calls from all three of our kids. And two of them are going to be coming in on Saturday for a visit. That has improved my birthday spirits tremendously. Having them here will make Sat seem more like my birthday than today! It doesn't seem like birthday without friends and/or family to share it with.
Mike got a little wild, and thought he was a stunt rider. HA!

1 Comments:

At Thursday, February 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it, we finally got snow in OHIO. We recieved 17" here, sometimes we are lucky to get that much in one season, let alone one time. Everyone here was in a wild frenzy. I had nothing to worry about though, I just got my sleds out and was gone. We had Blizzard Warnings, and huge drifts, so unfortunately it did not create good riding. It was like riding a jet ski on a choppy lake. Of course like things always go here, we get a bit of snow and next week its supposed to be 40 and rain. Next problem here will be flooding. Wish we could have sent it your way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home