Monday, December 11, 2006

One week of winter, and we're back into spring. Very dismal and dirty looking. Hopefully Old man Winter will take control of things and soon!
I started out the day with a hard knock to my noggin! . . it reminded me how quickly our lives can be changed in an instant. (not that I haven't been reminded of this many times in my line of work - nursing/EMS) but personally this was a little shake-up. Quite literally.
I stepped outside the door and instantly WHAM. It was a shiny sheet of ice, I was unaware of .. my feet went right out from under me, and WHACK... the back of my head hit the cement. And it did crack. The full force of my --- lbs without any attempt to break the fall since I had had no idea it was going to happen.
A closed head injury is nothing to take lighty, and once my senses returned, the dizziness subsided I thought of the many incidents that I had come in contact with in my nursing career.

That is why we need to remind ourselves daily, moment to moment is a precious gift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home